the DANCE project
When an artist discovers their passion, they know it. There is nothing that can stop them from fueling the passion that they feel.
“the dance project – dallas ” was created to help young dancers in the DFW area pursue their dreams and to help them achieve their goals along the way.
Dancers that are ready to take the next step in their training are looking for something different to guide them and prepare them for life beyond their studio years. The dance project’s goal is to mentor, train, promote, prepare and guide these young artists into the highly competitive arts world that awaits.
Created as a pre-professional company for dancers ages 12-19, “the dance project” has launched, mirroring its goals and vision after the numerous professional dance companies, but geared to those dancers entering their important formative training years. Our focus is first and foremost on technical training, leading to performance, competition and most importantly, mentoring and preparation for either a college or career path in the arts. The dancers that are accepted into the project are only the most serious of students, dedicated completely to their chosen path.
We are committed to developing professionals and enriching lives through the study, performance and appreciation of the art of dance in a nurturing, positive environment!
what TDP offers:
• A pre-professional dance company made up of dancers, ages 12-19 that are dedicated to the art of dance, and are committed to training in pursuit of excellence in their art.
• The company will train in all genres of dance, focusing on technique development and will be a pioneer in the ﬁeld of young companies. It will be conducted as a professional performance company. It will also allow for school, family time and general life outside of dance to continue.
• Area performances, competitions and workshops will be attended as a company, as well as group outings to local dance events and other training opportunities. Competition will be just one aspect of our mission, not the focus.
• Mentoring in preparation for personal goals, a career, or involvement in the arts beyond high school will be provided, including audition preparations, resume and headshot guidance, nutritional and injury prevention advice, college tours and other informational sessions and opportunities. As well, important tools of the trade will be given to the dancers to help them achieve their goals. Opportunities will be given to meet and work with inﬂuential artists in the industry.
• Only faculty of the highest level and commitment will be chosen to work with the company on a regular basis. Guest instructors will be invited throughout the season.
Costs are as follows:
• $350 per month – includes all scheduled training and rehearsals (some master classes may have additional fees, but will be optional at that point) as well as any drop in classes that we attend as a group at local studios
• competition fees, costume fees, choreography fees, etc remain the same as previous years, possibly less as we will be a smaller group.